Swansea Public & Patient Involvement event on 12th December 201922 Nov 2019
Interested in giving your opinions on Cell Therapy as a treatment?
Midlands -Wales Advanced Therapy Treatment Centre are looking for people whose opinions will help shape the content and delivery of public information on cell therapy in the Midlands and Wales area You are cordially invited to join us as part of a focus group held at:
The Swansea Marriott Hotel, Maritime Quarter, Swansea SA1 3SS
Date: 12th December 2019 at 10:30 till 15:00
- There are many types of cell therapies used in a variety of conditions. Cell Therapy is the transfer of intact, live cells to a patient to lessen or cure disease. Cells may be autologous (from the same individual) or allogenic (from someone else).
- The MW-ATTC are a joint collaboration of NHS, academia and industry partners working together to facilitate the delivery of cell therapy in the NHS
- The event will include engaging with members of the MW ATTC so we can learn from you where the gaps in the knowledge of the general public lie with regard to advanced (including cell) therapies. This will guide us in the future when we organise events to inform the public and publicise our findings.
10:30 Coffee and biscuits
11:00 Welcome and introductions
11:30 Introduction to Advanced Therapies
12.30 Nursing experience
13:30 Scenario & facilitated discussion
14:00 Open discussion
14:30 Conclusion and next steps
14:45 Feedback and close
- You will receive a £10 gift voucher as a thank you for participating
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided free of charge
- Travel costs will be reimbursed
To register your interest, please contact:
Kathryn Rodden (Senior Research Nurse) at Kathryn.Rodden@uhb.nhs.uk